Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Making of Elle Marie, the Prima Ballerina

A friend who is a veteran in events organizing once told me that the key to preparing a party is having a venue first and the rest will follow.


But for me, I started with a theme, one that I have always dreamed of since I was just a kid. I am not ashamed to say that I am a frustrated ballerina… I used to own a prima ballerina Barbie doll but never got to own a tutu. I have always dreamed of mastering the art of tiptoeing, twirling and simply looking so elegant with a tiara and hair tucked neatly at the back of my head but I never got to because I had umbilical hernia during the early stage of my infancy. Back then, my OB could only recommend that I refrain from strenuous activities that include ballet.

Like me, Elle also had umbilical hernia. Fortunately, Dra Lourdes Genuino said that there is nothing to worry it will disappear after three months. And it did… Since then, I promised myself that should Elle wishes to do ballet classes, I will gladly support her. But for now that she still can’t decide for herself, I will give her a ballerina party!!

I want the party to be filled with kids in pink and white. Girls should wear tiaras while boys wear their cutest smiles. The venue will be filled with pink and white balloons and cotton candies! Elle will be the prima ballerina of the day. She will wear her swarovski tiara, just like the one we saw in greenhills and the puffiest tutu Ninang Sasha can make. I will buy her the cute ballet shoes I saw in Rustan’s, Makati… And everybody will go home remembering only one thing, Elle’s biggest and cutest smile because she had the best ballerina birthday party one could ever have!


I will make sure that (unlike our wedding) Tita Alice will get a better videographer and photographer so that we will be able to preserve the experience and show to Elle once she is old enough to remember and appreciate the party that symbolized our love for her.

No comments: