Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thank God for friends...

We just started sending out the electronic invitation card and map for Elle Marie’s birthday party and received a lot of positive feedback. One said that it was well made and that the color enhances Elle’s smile. Another said that the design was calming to the eyes and perfect for the event. This brought out a smile on my face but thinking about how this invitation card came to be is what made my day.

The invitation card should say it all. It is the soul of the party where people can get a glimpse of what is in store for them. It is the reason why it took a little while for us to finalize Elle Marie’s invitation card. I wanted something very prima ballerina… simple but elegant, baby pink and Elle-ish. I started by surfing the net for a ballerina themed invitation card and was able to identify a couple. I finally decided on one specific design which has drawings of tutu, ballet shoes and tiara. It took one weekend for me to learn photoshop through the online training and another weekend to apply it. I was never a quitter but I must admit that I am not an artistic person. So I gave up and turn to my ever reliable, master of new technology friend whom for years have helped me with related concerns.

Kitt has a lot of reason not to say no to my request. For one, he is Elle Marie’s primary godfather. When the church asked Noy to identify among the godfathers who he would like to be the primary godfather he said Kitt without a blink of an eye. (secret ito ha…) but I guess Kitt did it just because.

Everyday, I thank God for the many true friends that He has showered me with and this include Kitt and his family. The past few months preparation for Elle’s birthday party would not have been bearable if not for the constant free consultation through YM and direct support from him and other friends.

If I may quote Tutter in the Bear in the Big Blue House, “Do you know what is the best thing about my birthday, Bear?... My friends… My friends are the best part of my birthday”. I know that Elle’s birthday party will be VERY special because of friends like Kitt who have always been there for us just because.

No comments: