Wednesday, December 23, 2009

There will always be a reason to smile...

There is no doubt that I have been so blessed all my life. God's love for me is so overwhelming that at times I ask myself what more should I do to make Him feel that I love Him so. I have a loving family who has been ever supportive of my endeavors; friends who are there for me through thick and thin; good health; and comfortable life. It would be selfish of me to ask for more...

But God is good and all knowing. This year, He surprised me when I was asked to join the Philippine Commission on Women. Despite the fact that both of my parents are "public servants" I never dreamed of becoming one... in fact, I took my Civil Service Exam only last year! Cliche as it may seem but I believe that in my own little way, I can do something for myself, for our government (regardless who the president is) and our country wherever I am.

Not only that, God blessed me with a competent, vibrant and pro-active team. The Monitoring and Evaluation Division team. They are the reasons why I look forward to going to work everyday. They inspire me to do more and go beyond the expectations.

This Christmas, I have nothing but gratefulness to God for all the love that He has showered me with...

Thank you God!

No comments: