Friday, April 24, 2009

Elle Marie and Mama in WORKING MOM Magazine

Last Sunday, I chanced upon a back issue of Working Mom Magazine - August 2008 with Donita Rose and her son in the cover. It's been awhile since I bought WM magazine because I was not as interested with their covers but Donita was a welcome face to me so I bought one.
I love WM magazine because it is not as commercialized as the other mom magazines plus it offers a lot of advises that are very applicable to me. I also like their layout, very refreshing to the eyes.
I would read WM magazine from front to back cover. I also buy back issues to make sure that I don't miss a good advise. I love reading the articles about their celebrity covers as well as looking at the latest featured fashion for moms and toddlers. I always look forward to the "letters" and "baby picture" corner every month. Hoping that either my letter or more importantly Elle's photo will be published. I once told myself that "just once"... just one time that they feature Elle Marie and I would be one of the happiest persons on earth!


That is why, when I read the name "Elle Mari" in their August 2008 issue I said to myself... "I am 100% sure it was a typo error. Who in this world would name her daughter Elle Mari? An Elle Marie is better! Then I immediately checked the name of the letter sender and saw my name... Ella Oplas!!!

Haha it was like winning a lottery! I immediately called my parents and showed them the magazine! I made Elle Marie read her name! I texted Noy! and I had these pages scanned so I can share it with the whole world!I remembered that I have been emailing Dedet, the editor-in-chief of WM last year. I was sharing with her how I met one mom in the internet because of WM and how I like their official blog. I remembered telling her how much I really loved their issue with Vicky Morales! not because I am a "Kapuso" but because I like Vicky Morales. I have always admired her poise and good smile. I remembered (I still have her email) receiving an email from her and felt privileged because I know how busy she is. I did not know that my letter was one of the featured letter in their aUGUST 2008 issue. Just imagine if I knew...

One dream down... next I am hoping that they publish Elle's photo! I love WM magazine!











No comments: