Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A well deserved date to remember for Mama Ella

 
What more could be perfect than going out on a "Side A" concert date with my dear Noysky Oplasky all dressed up and not worrying whether Elle Marie is eating or Bien Mary is bored? I must admit that once in awhile I entertain this "selfish" thought of stealing one night in one month away from Elle and Bien just to have this rare precious moment with Noy.  Yes, it takes a lot of guts on my part to write my last statement and there are times that I doubt if it is even feasible.

Before I get misunderstood, it is not that I am tired of my two adorable daughters but I believe that once in awhile it is a must for married couples to have their "couple" time together.  It is a necessity for married couples to rekindle the flame of marriage and reinforce all the hard day's work.

I believe in positive reinforcement. I apply this to my daughters.  I make sure that every good deed they do are acknowledged and positively reinforced. It goes true too with my marriage. I used to dream of going out on a date with Noysky at least once a week. I would insist because I believe that "I deserve it". But through the years I have accepted (actually, just recently) that the longer I hang on to this dream, the more heartaches and disappointments I will get. Noy and I will never have the time and heart to be away from our two daughters once a week to be alone. Hence, a once a month date is more realistic.

I really don't ask too much from Noy. My wish is simple.  I just want us to go out once a month "alone and together" = no bien and elle. Wherever, whenever as long as I am with him, game ako! I am fine with either McDo or Jollibee. Once in awhile 70's Bistro is bearable to me...

BUT, last Friday was simply perfect. A "Side A" concert without Joey G but with former Freestyle lead singer Top Suzara was supposed to be a great disappointment but it did not matter to me. What matters was Noy and I were together in our very own "we" time... Feels like when we were first going out together... I have to mention Noy's killer smile! AND very strong shoulders that makes me feel weak and comforted - it is like telling me, Ella it is ok not to be in-charged.  I am in-charged now, let go. I will take care of you.

God, I think I am falling in love with Noy all over again!!! My resolution? I promise to behave more and be nice to Noy so that I will get more "we" time from him... 

No comments: