Thursday, December 20, 2012

PROJECT RUNWAY: Christmas Alphabet Presentation



I am a self-confessed frustrated fashion designer.  If I am certain that I have the artist in me, I would have exchanged my academe and development work just to be a kiddie fashion designer. I have dreamed of having my own "Rajito" line and have my daughters do the cat walk with them.

That is why every opportunity to design or make a dress for my daughters, I really grab it. When I got a note from Elle's school that she will play as one of the Christmas Alphabets dancers and they are to wear something red the first thing that came into my mind is to recycle Elle's old costumes.

I first thought of her "spaghetti" costume but it was too small for her already! Until, I saw her "The Nutcracker" costume and thought of making it red by attaching red laces. Whoala! This is what I got from a P100 worth red lace from Divisoria!

I am one proud Mom when I saw Elle on the stage because she really stood out from the crowd on her red tutu (sad to say, there are Moms who are either too busy to read the note and follow it or they just don't care how their daughters would look like on stage) since the instruction was dress as a dancer (and the only dancer I could think of for christmas are ballerinas!) I overheard a couple of parents commenting that she looked very beautiful (they didn't know she's my daughter).

At the end of the day, it is not really about the savings but the amount of time, effort and love that I putted on making my daughter feel good in everything that she does. I love you Elle!!!

No comments: