Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dani Girl... with my girl!


Last week, I got an invitation from my TSAA co-parent to watch "Danni Girl". I had no idea what this play was all about and I was too busy to do my usual background check. But, I thought that it could be a really good opportunity for Elle to bond with her classmates outside school.

Initially, Elle was supposed to just go on her own with her classmates and I will just wait outside and do my readings. But, I learned that most of my co-parents were going so I also went. Elle was of course ecstatic to learn that I had a change of heart.

The play was about a young girl named Danni who had leukemia.  She was battling the big "C" with her mom and her "guardian angel".  She later met another boy with cancer and together they tried to look for the answer to the question, "Why Cancer".

The play brought back mixed memories of my Ninang Telly while she was battling the big "C" years back.  Then, both of us knew it was coming but did not anticipate that it was that soon.

Why Cancer? I always thought that everything happens for a reason. That even bad things can happen to good people just because... it has a reason. But, why cancer? Nobody knows... its just part of the grand design of life...

I cannot remember watching a movie nor a play that I cried that much. Thank God it was dark inside RCBC auditorium!

But, Elle noticed me and asked "Mama are you crying because you think I will get sick and die like Danni?" Surprised, I was not able to reply immediately. So, Elle continued, "You know, Mama I will always drink my vitamins, drink milk and eat healthy food so that I will not get sick. So, don't cry na..."

Couldn't stop crying again after hearing that from Elle. She is such an angel! I love her and Bien soo much! Yes, everything that is happening around us doesn't need to have a reason. But, I know that I have my girls because God loves me very much.


No comments: