Saturday, March 8, 2008

Elle Marie conquers Tagaytay Part I



Visiting Ninong Ruping’s “weekend” house at Tagaytay Midland

I love Tagaytay. There was a time when I would frequent Tagaytay as often as every weekend just to have lunch at either Josephines or Leslies; see the animals at “Half Way”; bond with friends; contemplate at Canossa and enjoy Noy’s hug through the cold nights. The most challenging part for me about Tagaytay is hiking all the way up to “Palace in the Sky”! I dread going to that place. It was not maintained and just not worth the physical requirement from me. Come to think of it, even Noy’s hypnotic smile was not able to convince me to go to that place decades after my last hike there.

Last March 8, we were invited by our ninong Ruping Alonzo to visit their rest house at Tagaytay Midland. I saw a picture of their house once. It was showed to me by my friend, Michelle who happened to be ninang Mel’s pamangkin. I was excited when Noy told me that we are going to see ninong ruping’s house because I have always dreamed of having a glass house just like what they have. Second, I was curious to see how Tagaytay Midland looks like.

We car pooled with Noy’s friend Cynthia. Though, we missed our ever reliable “UNA”, it was fun riding a “Fortuner”. Ate Neng had one but it was our first time to ride one for an out of town trip. Instead of taking the usual Sta. Rosa route, we took the Batino route. It was a new route for me, less scenic but saved us 14 kms.

Even from the entrance gate of Tagaytay Midland, you’ll know that only the rich and famous can afford a house there. I fell in love with ninong ruping’s “weekend” house the moment I saw it. It was just I have imagined a portion of my dream house would be; the glass windows, family pictures everywhere, the stair, the fresh air, the garden, and most of all the serenity. Ninong ruping shared with us that they are just reaping the fruits of their hard works.

I told myself that someday Noy and I will build a house far more beautiful than that house. We will build it through hard work and love for each other. We will fill every corner of that house with memories of our travels and smiles. Vampy will join us there. I will try to find her a partner for life, someone who will treat her like a lady and give her satisfaction. During weekends, our garden will be jam-packed with cute grandchildren playing with water, screaming and smiling. Elle will cook for us and shower us with hugs and kisses…




No comments: