Monday, June 9, 2008

Elle Marie's First International Trip Part I

"Special Thank You"s to Special Friends in Bangkok

We would like to thank Kissy and Kareff for fetching us from the airport at the wee hour. We arrived in Bangkok new airport 1:00 a.m., Bangkok time (12:00p.m. Philippine time). This is the time where they should be having their beauty sleeps yet they drove all the way to Suvarnabhumi Airport to meet with us and bring us to our hotel (Maruay Garden Hotel).

The next day, both had to wake up VERY early. Kissy had to prepare for her first day at work while Kareff had to go with us to MBK, Chatuchak Park Weekend Market, and Future Park for shopping.

It's been a long time since Kissy, Kareff and I saw each other. I think I saw Kissy last Christmas while last time I saw Kareff was two Christmas ago... Seeing them was an overwhelming experience for me. Kareff and I talked about old times as if they were just yesterday but you can really tell that both of us have gained a lot (maturity or should I say wisdom) through the years of experience.

It's really nice to see old friends...


We also would like to thank Samran and Letty for hosting our Bangkok trip. We neither had to worry about which hotel to stay in nor what places to go to and how to go to because they took care of our hotel, mini bus, lunch, dinner and itinerary! Their kindness was overwhelming! In just one day, we were able to see and experience Bangkok...

Being a Thai, Samran knows all the "must visit" places while amazingly Letty, a Filipina knows by heart the history of all the places we visited! The tour was educational and touching. I would like to romanticize our tour by saying that it was like "An Affair to Remember". I met a guy, get to know him and fell in love with him instantly. But, all i can offer him is just one day because I had to go back to my one and only love... Philippines:-) Haha...

Our Bangkok would not have been as memorable if not for all the friends that welcomed us with open arms... Friends who came to love Bangkok and are willing to share what they found in Bangkok... Thank you to you all!!!

No comments: