Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Elle Marie's First International Trip Part II


Tara na sa McDo...
A Tribute to McDonald Restaurants Around the World!!!

My boss asked how our Bangkok-Hongkong trip was and I answered "One thing we discovered, Ronald Mcdonalds in Bangkok has their hands clasped together as if saying a prayer". He stared at me for a few seconds and smiled...

There are at least 250 McDonalds restaurant all around the Philippines. Elle and I were not contented that we had to try the ones in Bangkok and HongKong to see the difference:-) In Bangkok, we tried the McDonalds in The One Mall. We had Fish Fillet Sandwich, French Fries and Large Coke... No difference from the Fish Fillet Sandwich, French Fries and Large Coke served in the Philippines. The service crew doesn't speak english so I had to point them to my order. Of course, the supposed to be budget meal in Bangkok is very expensive compared to the one in the Philippines it is like P150: P70 (Bangkok: Philippine price)

McDonald's at The One, Bangkok

The first place Elle and I visited in HongKong is Stanley Market. It was almost 12:00 noon that time so instead of shopping for clothes, we looked for a nearby McDonalds restaurant. After a long labyrinth like rainy walk inside the Stanley Market and Stanley Plaza, we found McDonalds! Again, we ordered Fish Fillet Sandwich, French Fries and Large Coke. The service crew doesn't speak english so again, I had to point them to my order.

Since it was just me and Elle, I requested them to assist me in bringing our food tray to our table. It took awhile before they understood my request. I had to do my "charades" act and it was hard given that Elle is very heavy and I was all wet from the rain! But, that God the food really tasted okey. No difference to the McDonald food served in the Philippines:-) But, the price!!! very expensive!

McDonald's at Stanley Plaza, HongKong

Next stop is at WanChai Computer Center in Hong Kong Island. Just the same with the one in Stanley Plaza but this one is a lot busier... Elle especially liked the French Fries!

McDonald's in Wanchai Computer Center, HongKong

The next photo is different from the previous ones because it was taken in front of McDonalds at MongKok! Elle was so sleepy and I had to find a place where I can lay her down to sleep. Good thing I found this McDonalds restaurant along "I forgot the street!". I think Elle slept for 45 minutes! I finished eating our orders, reading the baby magazines and smiling at all the passersby! Finally, when Elle woke up she asked for French Fries.
McDonalds in Mongkok, HongKong

This Mom-daughter adventure may look odd to others but I can feel that Elle also enjoyed it. I know that to some McDonalds food is not your typical "healthy food" but what can I say... I grew up with McDonalds and I don't see any harm in sharing it with Elle:-)

Disclaimer: We also tried other restaurants in Bangkok and HongKong. We enjoyed all of them!!!

No comments: