Friday, September 5, 2008

Speding Grandparents Day with Lola Moyette and Lolo Leo


This year Elle Marie celebrated the Grandparents Day in Iloilo City with Lola Moyette and Lolo Leo. This was not the only reason why we went home to Iloilo. We went home primarily because it was Lola Moyette and Tita Bebe’s birthday! It was also perfect timing because we needed a new yaya for Elle so, we got Yaya Mylene.

My family is not the “expressive” type. It is seldom that my parents would complement me, hug me or kiss me for no reason at all. We never talked about emotions, we never discussed heart problems. One perfect example was when I had my first boyfriend. My parents never asked me why him. They never said anything about my boyfriend but you can sense that they don’t like him. It was only after we broke up that my parents told me that they have been praying that I break up with him for reasons I already know…

But, after having Elle things changed with my parents. My mother came all the way from Iloilo when I gave birth to Elle. She was there for me during my labor (but not inside the delivery room), she was there to see Elle when she was first brought out of the delivery room. She was there for me during the first month of my motherhood. She organized Elle’s grand sixth month birthday in Iloilo. She would kidnap Elle while I was asleep and bring her to the plaza. Lola Moyette is sooo proud of her apo.

But, my greatest surprise was my father who seldom speaks or smile. Up to this date, me and my sisters would always say that of all the girls he had in his life, (Nene, Mama, Bebe, Me and Elle) It was only Elle Marie who landed in his cellphone (his wallpaper is Elle Marie!!), who got a space in his wallet (He carries in his wallet Elle Marie’s picture!!!) and who got a spot in his office (He has a large picture frame with Elle Marie’s picture in his office)!

They say that our time with our parents was up (me and my sisters) and it is now Elle Marie’s time. I don’t care. I am very happy that my parents love Elle Marie very much.

No comments: