Friday, September 26, 2008

Falling in love with Barney...

I never liked dinosaurs. I love green for the very obvious reason that I am a green blooded LaSallite. I love pink-fuschia because I think it complements my complexion. But, I never liked the big claws, the big eyes, and the old and dry skin of dinosaurs… That is why while my friends’ children adore Barney, I try to delay introducing him to Elle.

I don’t know or understand what state of mind I was when I finally bought Elle’s one and only Barney CD (take note, CD while all Elle’s “Hi Five!” are in DVD!). But, it took a while before Elle noticed it. First it was “Bear in the Big Blue House”, then came “Big Bird of Sesame Street”, after that “Hi Five” and all of the sudden I just woke up and Elle likes Barney! She even sings Barney’s “I love you” song!!! She dances the “If you’re happy…” song and imitates with matching “bear” as props the “Me and my Teddy” song!!!

Since Elle is into “Barney”, I was forced to prepare a “Barney in the Toddlers Unlimited” birthday party for her. I bought Barney banner, Barney party hats, Barney stuff toy for giveaways. I plan to buy Barney paper plates and cups, fuschia or green spoon and fork, Barney balloons and Barney cake!!!

Of course, my shopping will never be complete if I did not buy Elle’s very own Barney stuff toy!!! that comes with BJ and Baby Bop! The bonus part, they are all singing the “I love you..” song with just one squeeze of their bellies!

I was so excited that I did not wait for Elle’s birthday and immediately gave her the new stuff toys as soon as I got home. (whatever happened to my EQ) I first gave her BJ and Baby Bop. She looked confused because both are singing the “I love you” song in Barney’s voice!!! After that I brought out Barney from the paper bag! For a moment, I thought the world stopped. I can still remember how Elle’s face radiated when she saw Barney! She screamed “Barney”, hugged him and repeatedly shouted Wow! Wow! Wow!

I was almost in tears. I thought I was in heaven looking at my daughter’s smile that I almost kissed Barney myself… Reflecting on my own love-life, I never thought that I will actually fall in love and eventually marry Noy. He is not the typical guy that could make me look twice. But, I did and now we have Elle. Maybe it’s not the physical appearance (although, I REALLY find my husband VERY handsome and sexy) but how one can make your heart melt.

Barney made my heart melt by making Elle very happy. I think I love Barney already…

No comments: