Monday, February 23, 2009

Bangs or no bangs?

Inspired by Baby Guess Billboard, suggested by Sharon, encouraged by Irene, approved by Noy, executed by Kid's Salon-Rustans, Makati.

It is final... Elle Marie is now sporting a full bangs!





It took me months to convince myself that Elle should change her hair style from one length bob cut to full-bangs bob cut. I even had to consult a couple of my friends and argue with Noy for his indifference! Finally, Elle Marie is now sporting a full bangs!
It happened soooo fast, we went to Sharon's place to swim. I shared with Sharon that I fear Elle's hair is slowly vanishing. I am not sure whether it is because of the shampoo that Elle is using or because of the rubber bands and clips that i am putting on her hair (i had to or else she will look like sadaku)... Sharon suggested that I give her bangs so I don't need to clip her hair. I was really thinking of giving her a hair cut after the swim but the "bangs" thing sounded better!I texted Irene, called my mom and argued with Noy. I told myself that by 4:30, I should be able to make a decision-bangs or no bangs... 4:30 came, I told Amelyn to put on Elle's shoes because I am bringing her to Kid's Salon for a haircut. Before we went to Kid's Salon, I remembered to pass by Guess Kids in Rustans and borrowed their paper bag with the korean model. I gave it to the haircutter in Kid's Salon and asked him if it would complement the shape of my daughter's face. He said yes and the rest is history...
The moment I saw the Baby Guess billboard of the korean baby girl with bangs, I told myself that my daughter would look better in that haircut. However, I hesitated fearing that in the end I might regret giving Elle bangs just like how I feel with mine. Bangs are hard to manage because you have to maintain a certain length or else it will go straight to your eyes. If only God would allow me, I would go back to the person who gave me my bangs and slap him on the face for sweet talking me to having it. I know it was my decision to have bangs but I can't help but believe haircutters because they should be experts in their field. And in my mind, I am paying them big because I know they can make me look better...
Now, I know better but to trust my own instinct. Who better know what's good for me but myself?! right?! As for my daughter's case... mama knows best:-) Thank you to my friends! Thank you for the fun argument Noy! You're right, I should do it (the bangs) for a change... Elle is very young and the rest of her life will not be ruined because of one bad haircut!

2 comments:

Elle Marie Oplas' mama said...

From Tita Kareff:

hi ella! i really love reading this account. she's such a pretty pretty girl - bangs or no bangs!

Elle Marie Oplas' mama said...

From Tita Lui:

How are you?

Elle looks great on her new hairstyle! You've made the right decision. =)