Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weddings make me cry...

Weddings make me cry. Last Saturday, we went to Donna and Dexter's wedding in The Greeneries, Bulacan and I cried while they were exchanging vows. Funny, but it seems I always end up crying every time I go to weddings. Don't get me wrong but although, my marriage is nothing near perfect... I am perfectly happy where I am right now - in Noy's good hands;-)
Maybe going to weddings make me reminisce my own wedding day. It has been three years now but everything is still vivid in my mind. I remember I was walking down the aisle... I tried to take a glimpse of Noy but I couldn't see him because of the flowers in front of him. And just like what every bride shared, i felt a number of weird feelings while walking down the aisle. It was like all my single life memory was coming back to me and at the same time, i was being overwhelmed with mixed emotions. I was happy because almost all of my close friends were there and they all flew from Manila to Iloilo just for my wedding. I was nervous because it was the bravest decision I ever made so far in my life and i don't know what to expect. I almost cried but, the moment i saw noy, all the weird feelings flew away.My first three thoughts when I saw Noy were: First, "o my what a very handsome husband. the barong we bought complements him perfectly". Yes, it was me who chose Noy's barong. It was not your ordinary pina barong. It has chinese collar and simple embroidery. It complements Noy's body and complexion. And during our wedding day, Noy carries with him this aura of a very happy and fulfilled man. Makes him stand out among the crowd.
Second, "i am so lucky that i can finally, officially have Noy all for myself. i have so long waited for this moment and this is it!" Yes, I have long been waiting for Noy. (period) The moment I noticed Noy, I had difficulty resisting him. It's like I am always being hypnotized by his smile. Yes that smile! The smile that made me do things I normally would not do... like get married?

Third, (this made my tears retreat back to my eyes) "why is he crying? i have to comfort him..." Yes, noy was crying so right there and then, I went to him and hugged him!!! (told you, i could not resist him) My father whispered to me "Di ka pa nga namin binibigay anjan ka na". I thought this melodramatic scene can only happen in movies but it did in my wedding.

Weddings make me cry. It makes me want to marry Noy again BUT he does not want to! because of financial reasons and he doesn't want to go through the stress of organizing a wedding again! hehe..

No comments: