Saturday, February 28, 2009

A wedding to remember in Caluruega...

If I were to have my wedding outside Iloilo City, I would do it in either of these churches: Caluruega Church, Batangas; Mt Zion Chapel, Pangasinan; Mangatarem Church, Pangasinan. Caluruega because of its' serenity. Mt Zion because it is the closest to Noy's farm plus we used to go there during holy weeks. Mangatarem Church because it is the first church that Noy and I entered as a couple.
Last Saturday we attended Cai and Alca's wedding in Caluruega Church. It was a very intimate wedding. Almost everyone knows everybody. Cai is Mr A's son with his first wife. Mr A is Noy's brother-in-law.Cai and Alca had their reception at Taal Vista. I was surprised because it was the first time that I attended a wedding that gave out free coupon to starbucks! It turned out that they met each other at work and became closer because they would have breakfast together at starbucks...Made me think about the first time that Noy and I met. We both met at work in April 2000. It was a Saturday. Everybody was in their casual attire. I remember Noy was wearing a white shirt over maong jeans. The girls requested Noy to buy them food from McDonalds and he did. Since they referred to him as Nonoy... I honestly thought he was our utility "manong"!It did not take one day for Noy to notice the newbie me (we have a very small office). In the afternoon of that day, Noy offered me his table after noticing that I still don't have a decent place to stay (we're transferring to CB). Of course, the rest is history... (Ask Noy, for sure he will not remember this.)Alca narrated how Cai proposed to her. He did it in Pink Sister's convent, Tagaytay. He literally made a scene out of it. Alca was a little embarrassed BUT what is embarrassing about a marriage proposal done in public?! I am sure everybody who witnessed it wanted to die in envy.

I have always dreamed of a grand wedding proposal. I wanted a very nice engagement ring, a big dramatic speech from my "knight of the shining armor", lots of flowers, jazz music being played while he is making the proposal and good food... I wanted my knight to come prepared and really make me cry out of extreme happiness. But, Noy's proposal was far from one. We were talking one night in his tree house and he said "let's get married". It was not even a question. It was a statement which I answered with a statement and a question. I told him that in terms of love, I have no doubt what so ever that he is the ONE for me. I wanted to marry him but he has to be sure that he is financially stable and that he can afford to give me a decent life. So I asked him to rethink his statement and update me before April. We were able to finalize everything by July.
No engagement ring. No grand tralala from Noy. No music, only the sound of the crickets and the toads in Noy's farm. No flowers, only katuray for dinner. BUT, I think I like my wedding proposal (if you can call it a proposal) better. Simple and VERY nonoy...

I love you Noy!!!!






No comments: