Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Max!!!

Max turned 2 yesterday. He had a simple celebration at home with Elle Marie and Lili. Max and Elle Marie were very excited because it has been a long time since they last saw and played long with Lili after she transferred to another school. (Elle Marie got to play with Lili once in awhile in the park and in their new place but Max never got to) These four are inseparable! They are so comfortable with each other that I could not remember an instance that they fought over something.

It was a simple celebration. Max blew the candles on his "bread talk" cake. We had pasta, chips, and juices. The important thing is that the kids were busy playing with each other...

I allotted our whole July just for the Lo's family. It will be their last month in the Philippines because they are going back to Singapore where they are originally from. I am scheduling playdates after playdates after playdates just to make sure that the kids get good and long memories of each other. Elle Marie likes Shawn and Max a lot! Shawn was like a big brother to her. I remember one playdate in Gymboree- Manila Polo Club, Shawn was giving her instructions and she followed everything he said! For sure, Elle Marie will miss the two beautiful Lo boys.

No need to mention but I will definitely miss Sharon. Since I became a full-time mom in July last year, Sharon and Jina has been my constant "buddies"; my source of encouragements and information about anything under the sun! There were times that I almost gave up but they were there to comfort me and give me "logical" solutions to my (at times) petty problems.

I guess this is life's way of telling me that hey! Ella! wake up... everybody is going "global"! It's good to have new multi-national friends, you will learn a lot from them. Yes sooner or later, they will have to leave the Philippines just like your other good friends who headed to "greener pasture". BUT no need to despair, because of "globalization" it is now very affordable to travel everywhere (I am talking about Asia)! Just look forward to visiting Sharon this October in Singapore:-)

Happy birthday Max! See you in October!!!

No comments: