Saturday, July 11, 2009

Long live Ice Age 3!!!

Yesterday, Elle Marie, Sharon, Shawn and I watched Ice Age 3, The Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Neither was it Elle Marie's first time to watch a big screen movie (the first time was "Madagascar 2) nor her first time to watch Ice Age (Bought her cds of Ice Age 1 and 2). However in preparation to this big activity, I made Elle Marie have early lunch and afternoon nap!

Elle Marie wanted to bring her stuff toy Sid and Dolly but since there will be just the two of us, I made her decide which of the two to bring. She chose Dolly:-) While waiting for the screening, Elle Marie, Dolly and I walked hand in hand, singing "where o where is shadow" and "ABC". People were looking at us because aside from our loud singing, Elle Marie and I were both wearing red stripe shirts and mini denim skirts! Hahaha feels like old Singapore days again!!!

This must be one of my happiest afternoon in my entire life... If i could only capture this afternoon in a video cam and watch it over and over and over again, I would. I am so happy with how Elle Marie showcased her vocabularies and voice!!! I was so overwhelmed that I almost cried if not for the thought of how Sharon would react if she sees me crying... haha!

From the start to the end of the movie, Elle Marie was bubbly and participative! She screamed "lion! rroooaaarrr!" at the sight of Diego; she shouted "oh no! oh no!" to every "kindda" violent scenes; she called Manny "elephant"; she screamed "diiiiii noooo saur" at the sight of rudy and momma dino; she hugged me when the three baby dino leaked sid's face (so touching); she asked "what happened?" and Shawn explained to her what happened; she giggled, laughed, smiled and sang "Twinkle twinkle little stars" when the movie was about to end... these are the things that make me proud that I am a full-time mom now.

I love Ice Age 3!!!

No comments: