Sunday, October 11, 2009

KL-Singapore Day Two: Doing Weekend Market the Malaysian way

Here in the Philippines, I normally don't bring Elle Marie with me to the market but since we were in Kuala Lumpur and would like to experience the city, i took her to the weekend market in _________________ .

It is not a regular market in KL because it only opens with a limited stall every Sunday. We noticed that most of the customers were caucasians/ foreign looking and learned that this market is like the "Salcedo Weekend Market" in Makati that caters to expats living within the Makati Central Business District. They have shawls, bags, food, fruits, vegetables and almost everything you can find in a typical market in Manila.

As a self confessed Pinoy window shopper, we ended up not buying anything except for food. I kept on converting everything that I fancy to Philippine Peso and thought that it is cheaper to buy in Baclaran or Divisoria plus, I don't have to carry anything with me all the way from KL-Singapore and back to the Manila! Noy bought corn for Elle Marie which she immediately consumed! I tasted it... ummm no difference actually from the P25 we buy from the manong in the street in Manila.

No comments: