Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Missing Trick or treat 2009

I can’t believe I missed Elle Marie’s trick or treat in school this year! Worse, I can’t believe Noy did not go to Toddlers Unlimited to document this memorable activity in Elle Marie’s life. Worst, we relied too much on our yaya and Noy’s cellphone camera to do everything for us and look at what happened?! Poor quality photos!

Should I blame the GREAT Women project for scheduling the Project Steering Committee meeting today? Should I blame Noy for his poor time management? Should I blame myself for not having enough savings to buy a new digicam?! Should I blame Lucy for not knowing how to get good photos of Elle Marie?

All I want to do is be with Elle Marie. Witness and document everything for her because I know that ten years from now, she will not be able to remember everything. She will not remember the efforts that we put into every event like this just for her. She will not remember how it is to be a ballerina and go trick or treating.

I never got to do trick or treating my whole life. Trick or treating was an unknown concept back then when I was 3 and in Iloilo. I never got to be a ballerina my whole life. I wanted to be one but never got to because of my hernia. Now that all of these are coming into reality through Elle Marie, I can’t believe I am just listening to Lucy (Elle Marie’s yaya) recount how Elle Marie had a great time with her classmates.

But, this is life… I have work to do, people to train (how to take good photos) resources to acquire. I know Elle Marie will understand... I know that in time I will find the heart to forgive myself...

Yes, this is life...

No comments: