Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Aldie!



In adversity you gain new friends. This was true for us last November 2007.

Elle and I always maximize the children's lounge inside the old airport whenever were out on a trip. We would stay and play there while waiting for our boarding announcement. Last November 2007, we were playing inside the lounge when I noticed this mother and son pair. The son was distinct among the boys playing inside the lounge because he was wearing an id indicating his name "Aldie".

That time, I said to myself that wearing an ID is a very good thing to do for babies on travel so that just in case something happens, there's a way to identify him or her... I promised myself that time that I will buy Elle a beltbag or shoulder bag which she can carry while on travel. I can either insert the ID inside together with all our contact information or have it sticked on the bag... great idea!

The boy played with Elle. He exchaged balls with Elle and even smiled at her once! The mom kept on looking out the window and showing to the son all the planes that are taking off and landing...

When we heard the most dreaded announcement... Flight will be delayed! I don't remember how it started but the mom and I chat a little and it turned out that they are also on their way to Boracay.


The mom who turned out to be Sally approached us outside the lounge and asked how we plan to go to Boracay with the weather condition. I told her that we already called our partner in Kalibo and should the weather gets worse we will just stay in their inn. I also encouraged her to do the same since it would be very difficult to travel with a baby... and that was it.


Mike, Sally and Aldie stayed in the same inn with us in Kalibo. The next day, (with a very good weather!) we went to Boracay. Since then, we have been texting each other during special occasions. And yesterday, we went to Aldie's 3rd year birthday in Jollibee, San Joaguin!

Indeed... life is full of surprises! that is why one should always be ready with a smile!






No comments: