Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Reflection...

I owe who and what I have become today to Mama and Papa. I know that we would never have tasted the comfort of living in this world if not for their love, support, and encouragements. I used to feel bad about Papa’s little time for us but when I was mature enough, I understood that we has to bear the distance so that he can better provide for our necessities. And, I admire my father for that.

Noy’s parents would always tell me that they are very lucky to have Noy. He has never brought them headaches. As a matter of fact, they never got to worry about his education as Noy grew up attending public school and was into scholarship in college. On the other hand, Noy would also tell me that he owe his “second life” to his parents’ constant care and love. He shared that when he was small he had convulsions and his parents would always bring him to the hospital, spend big amount of money for medicines and allot time to monitor him. When he outgrew that sickness, he promised himself that in return he will never cause headache to his parents.

Last Mother’s Day, Elle and I heard mass at greenbelt. We brought our own mat and sat on the grass outside the chapel. I just let Elle roam around while I listen to the priest and reflect on all the blessings that God has given me. Honestly, this activity is very overwhelming for me since I am soooo blessed… Looking at Elle alone makes me feel guilty for still wanting more from God. I have Noy. I have Elle. I have recovering health. I have loving families and friends. What more should I ask for?

I pray hard enough for Elle to grow up appreciating all the things that we have been doing for her. I know that at times I tend to be OA in showering her with almost anything that I think she would need and want but that’s the loving mom inside me who wants to give everything possible to my unica hija. I pray hard enough that she accumulates inspiring stories about her parents and share it with her children as well…

This write-up is a tribute to both my parents and parent-in-laws for everything they have done for us. If not for them, we never existed, then there will be no Elle Marie Oplas in this world…

Thank you “Mama and Papa” Calaor and Oplas!

Noy, Elle and I love you.

No comments: