Saturday, October 25, 2008

Elle Marie's first performance on stage

It all happened so fast. I prepared for that moment but when it came, all I could do was freeze and just watch my daughter. When I finally came back to my senses, I remembered to take pictures of her latest milestone: performing in front of her school mates, teachers, parents and friends for Toddlers Unlimited Halloween program.

I am not familiar with Barney’s rainbow song but Elle was supposed to be “yellow” in the rainbow that is why she made her wear a yellow shirt, black tutu-like skirt, and black stockings. Honestly, I was hoping that Elle can dress up as a ballerina or princess or something “Halloween” but being “yellow” is okey with me… because Elle looks good in yellow, she likes the "sun" and she loves singing and dancing the “Mr Sun” song of Barney.

I am so amazed by my daughter’s independence. She went in front all by herself while her classmates were crying and being carried by their moms. Funny though, when the rainbow song was played, Elle just stood in front holding her ribbon and froze (like mother, like daughter). Yes, Elle just stood there the whole time it was being played!!! I guess she was overwhelmed by all the eyes looking at them; overwhelmed by the flashes of the cameras; or plainly overwhelmed. Noy attempted to make her dance by going in front of her and dance to the tune of the rainbow song (yes, just like Elle, Noy was also wearing a yellow polo! Talking about stage parentsJ) but failed. Elle just stood there and when the song ended, she shouted yehey! Clapped her hands and gave me a very big smile!

And that’s another milestone in my daughter’s life.

No comments: