Friday, October 10, 2008

Field Trip: Gonuts Donuts, Fort Bonifacio

The Little Lamb Class went to Fort Bonifacio today to visit Gonuts Donuts and learn how to make donuts. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. It was gloomy when we arrived in Gonuts and just a few minutes after, it rained so hard that we thought the field trip will be cancelled. Good thing, I made Elle wearher new pink barbie jacket over white shirt and jeans.

To aggravate the condition, the area was so crowded because there was another school who brought 14 buses loaded with students! We are talking about students from grade 1 to grade 6! and they were roaming around and talking loudly... God! they were so big compared to my daugther .The mom in me wanted to go and complain as I don't want my daughter to be subjected to such condition. But, good thing teacher Lei was quick to explain that there was a misunderstanding between Gonuts and Toddlers Unlimited. The trip was supposed to be exclusive for the Little Lamb Class but Gonuts got confused and booked the other school as well.

Following that, I was surprised that the "baking lesson" was done outside Gonuts. I thought that they will let our kids go inside and see beyond the glass window how they make donuts. I thought... One of the things that Elle and I enjoy so much is hang out in Crispy Creme (also in Fort Bonifacio) and eat as many donuts as we can. What's so special about this field trip then?! since we get to look at the Crispy Creme crew prepare the donuts outside their glass window?
Anyways, I don't think Elle will even remember their "baking lesson" with Gonuts. The important thing is that she got to play with her classmates and she is happy.

No comments: