Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thoughts on friendship and following Mama...

It is day three of Noy's absence. Once again, Elle and I went on an "All Oplas girls day out" in Glorietta. This time we decided to try out the playground in the center of Glorietta with Max. Elle is so familiar with this playground because we used to go there before. That was before I discovered the Lego Area in Rustans.

Elle Marie loves playing with Max. In fact, she almost cried when Max said "bye bye". So we went with Max to his car and pick up his older brother Shawn from his school. I like that idea that Elle Marie is developing healthy attachment with her friends. For me, it is a sign that she knows how to cherish friendship. If there is one thing I would want to instill in her mind, it is the importance of having friends. No amount of financial blessing can surpass the richness of having true friends. Noy and I are blessed with so many true friends. Friends who are there for us through rich and poor; through laughters and tears. I also want Elle to have hers as early as now.

I also like the idea that Elle and I were given an opportunity to bond together. These past few days that Noy was away, Elle and I got to know each other a little too well. I love the way Elle smiles everytime I allow her to ride the carousel in Timezone. She would give me her biggest smile and would sing "Thank You, thank you". I love it when Elle and I would make deals like i allow her to drink fake coke (coke zero with water) as long as she finish her food (it always work for me); she walks and carry her bags and i allow her to watch Barney when we get home; she drinks her medicine and I let her ride the carousel (we have a lot of deals if i list it all, i won't have enough space)... i love it when Elle hugs me in public and would really squeeze me so hard with matching sound effect. it makes me feel so loved (i kindda like public display of affections but not too sensual please). I guess this "girl bonding activities" have enabled us to have a win-win relationship. I get what I want and she gets what she wants in a nice way. No shouting, no spanking, no hypertension.

However, today something unusual happened while Elle and I were shopping inside Healthy Options in Greenbelt 5. At first Elle Marie was cooperative, I let her choose her baon (juice and cookies). I also let her push our cart instead of riding on it. Soon she got hyperactive. I think she was too excited for our TimeZone visit. (I promised her over lunch that I will bring her there if she finish her lunch) She played with the bottled baby foods in one shelf when she dropped one. Good thing she was wearing her crocs the broken glasses were not able to penetrate her soles. She just froze and looked at me. I immediately distanced her from the broken glasses, hugged her and asked why she did not follow mama's instructions. She could not look at me. I know that she was sorry for what she did. She hugged me. Then I told her that we have to reschedule our TimeZone visit. She did not argue and was nice on the way home.

It pains me to reschedule something that I promised to Elle. But, as I explained to her we have to so that she will remember what happens if she doesn't follow mama's instruction.


P.S.Attached photo was taken March 9 outside TGIF-Glorietta. Another All oplas bonding time for me and Elle.

2 comments:

Bienvenido Oplas Jr said...

i love elle marie and maria ella!

papa

Bienvenido Oplas Jr said...

I love elle marie and maria ella!

Papa