Monday, October 10, 2011

Ate Elle Marie sings Happy Birthday for Baby Bien


For me, what really made Baby Bien’s 1st birthday party special was Ate Elle Marie singing Happy Birthday in Chinese for her dear baby sister…

If only I was able to capture that moment in video, I would someday show it and tell my then grown up daughters how much they love each other ever since they were very young.

I would tell Bien Mary that it was not easy for her Ate Elle to sing in public. In fact, it was her first time to sing in front of almost 120 people live and with little preparation but she made it through because she wanted to do something special just for her baby sister.

I would tell Elle Marie that during that very moment I wished for the time to stop and spend my whole life just watching and listening to her lovely voice even though I don’t understand Chinese! That me, Bien and her Papa are very proud of her!

I would tell Elle Marie that she is beautiful inside and out. Her singing prowess is God’s gift. She should thank God by nourishing it and never hesitating to share it with the public.

I would tell Elle Marie that I love her and Bien Mary. They are God’s greatest gift to me!

No comments: