Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One Step to Stardom...

When I first learned that I was having a baby girl in 2006 I told myself that I will be really, really happy if I see her photo in a magazine! As early as first month, I started sending Elle's photos to different parenting magazines. I told myself that if I see her photo in a magazine at least once, I will stop but now on her 5th year, I still have not realized this dream.

I know that my daughter is beautiful inside and out but kiddie modeling is not all about looks... part of it requires the commitment of the parents 24/7! which Noy and I don't have.

Of course, I have the heart to ensure that my daughter always look good but I don't have patience to fall in line for modeling searches, vtrs and shoots!

I was once approached by a talent agent while shopping asking if I want Elle to do a vtr with them. That was two years ago. I did not bring Elle to their agency because I got too busy with work.

Recently without my prior knowledge, my sister Nenette posted Elle's photo in a kiddie modeling search. Elle Marie was shortlisted and was requested to do pictorial and interview last Sunday!

Right after Bien Mary's birthday party, we went straight to Festival Mall in Alabang in full force! Lola Marlyn-the cheerer, Tita Nene-the Manager, Tita Bebe-the Trainer, Mama-the stage mother and Papa-the driver!

I told myself that I will not be a stage mom and make my daughter conscious and uncomfortable. Hence, I let my talented sister, Bebe to go with Elle since there can only be one companion per kid. From a distance, I saw my sister orient Elle.

During the pictorial, I wasn't able to stop myself and went near Elle as the kuya help her with her poses. I was so proud of my daughter! Come vtr time, I did not go with her inside the room. We all waited outside and watch her pose in the television outside the room.

Of course for me, my daughter is the most beautiful among the kids that came! Hehehe Que sera sera... whatever will be will be...

I really don't plan to turn my daughter into a professional model. We took the effort and time to go to this search to boost her confidence and "for the experience of it".

No pressure Anak! Again, for me, you are the epitome of beauty, grace and intellegence... I love you!

No comments: