Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas and New Year in Iloilo....

We finally decided to spend christmas with my family in Iloilo after two christmas' of not going home. In 2006, Elle was just three months old and was too fragile to travel. On the other hand, in 2007, we went home early December because of an assignment in Boracay and thought that it would not be practical to go home again after just one week. Hence, we decided to spend christmas in Manila.
I saw it in my parents' eyes that they were very happy to see Elle. My mother never let a minute pass by without playing with Elle. Everyday she would scold her most beloved dogs for barking at Elle. She went through with her annual gift giving in Jerios all alone with Elle (because I was sick)! She let Elle give out toys for kids in Jerios! Mama was so proud of Elle...

Mama would invite me to Gaisano so that Elle can play in Jollibee's play area. A day before we left for Manila she invited me to SM so that Elle can ride the carousel, mall train and ferris wheel (Elle's first time)!

On the other hand, my father would tell me everyday that Elle is so pretty. I would answer back, "of course she got her looks from me" and he would ask me back "from whom did you get your looks?". It's logic, papa knows that I got my look from him hence elle also got her look from her... He would give me a big smile after this exchange...

Looking back, I never really got a chance to do something like this with my mother and father when I was small. Maybe, because I grew up in Manila and would go home only twice a year or maybe because there were no play areas or big malls during that time... I would kid my sisters that none of our photos landed in our father's wallet but Papa now carries in his wallet Elle Marie's photo!

God, I love Mama and Papa. I love spending Christmas in Iloilo because my family is there.




No comments: