Friday, April 10, 2009

Bakasyon Grande sa Iloilo City!!!



Elle Marie and I are in Iloilo City now. We will be here for more than one month. We will be staying with my parents in La Paz and will be visiting my in-laws in Cadiz City maybe after holy week. Elle Marie and I are doing this because of five reasons. First, it has been my outstanding promise to my parents to let them bond with Elle and this would be a great time to do it - Elle Marie don't have classes and I don't have work, hence we can stay long in Iloilo to bond with them.

Second, it is my father's birthday on April 6. It was his wish to have all his family to be home with him. Nene and Bebe are flying in just before holy week. It would be the first time to have everybody at home for the holy week, perfect for my father's birthday.

Third, Noy is leaving for San Francisco for two weeks in March. I don't have a helper since October and it is very difficult to be alone at home alone with Elle Marie. I need help and I can get all the help I can here in Iloilo. I have Mama here to help me take good care of Elle Marie. I have Fely to cook and do my laundry. I have Papa or one of his helpers to drive us around the city. Life is so easy here in Iloilo compared to Makati.

Fourth, I am hoping to get a helper from Iloilo. I am planning to interview a couple of applicants and see if we match. I hope I get far more better yaya from the previous one I got from Iloilo - bad decision.

Fifth, it has been one of my long overdue "things to do" to completely rest and do things I want to do but could not because I am a mother now. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about having Elle Marie. I wanted to take good care of Elle Marie so much that I feel so guilty everytime "resting alone" comes in my mind. I don't know. I think I have separation anxiety that everytime i am resting, I end up worrying about her! Now, I don't have to worry. I can have my much awaited rest while Elle Marie plays with her lola and lolo...

I thank God for supportive and loving parents. I thank God for Iloilo City! I know Elle Marie and I will have a great time here!

No comments: