Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Lolo Leo!!!

My father turned 57 yesterday. We went to Bantayan Resort in Guimbal. We frequent this resort even though it is four towns away from Iloilo because it is one of the cleanest in Iloilo.

This year, Papa asked us to be complete on his birthday. A request that was never asked by my father before... it never happened on the day of his actual birthday because both of my sisters have work that they couldn't leave in Manila but, they arrived two days later for the holy week.

Papa was so happy. He is not the expressive type but a smile on his face would mean a million happiness to see all his girls together. Papa was not the malambing na tatay type as well but it was a welcome surprise for me to see him carrying and playing with Elle. There was one time that we ride with him to the nearest store. The whole very quick trip, Elle was caressing his right hand and calling his name. He would smile and Elle would again say "lolo","lolo"... When we were about to go down to the store, he gave Elle P100 for her merienda!!!

I usually don't tell my father how much I am so proud of him and how much i truly love him. Maybe because we are not expressive... maybe because I grew up in Manila... or just maybe i didn't have the chance to tell him... I remembered sending him a card expressing my love for him. I was surprised to see that card tucked under the class on his office table! I was soo touched that time. This time, I told him that I love him and if only I could leave Elle with them I would because I know that they will love her the same way they loved me....

I love you Papa! Happy birthday

No comments: