Monday, May 18, 2009

It's my birthday Part 1: Hi Five "fever" in Greenbelt 3

One, two, three, four... HI FIVE!!! It's my birthday today and to stress the point that i am a cool mom to Elle Marie...... I spent my afternoon chaperoning her to a "Hi Five" concert in Greenbelt 3! Yes, Elle Marie's all time favorite teen group is in town!

We were on our way to Gymboree when I saw the promotional banner of Hi Five along Ayala Avenue. I told Noy that we better go back and get more information about it. Good thing, Sharon texted me that she is in Rustan's supermarket so I requested her to get more information about the concert. The Hi Five will be in Ayala Malls for three days May 16-17 (in Glorietta, 18 (Greenbelt 3). They have 2pm, 4pm and 6pm concerts. We decided to go on the 18th because it's a Monday (we thought it will not be that crowded compared to watching it on a weekend), 4pm just after the kid's nap time.
Good thing I passed by the concert venue before proceeding to my lunch date with Jina and Sharon. I learned that in order for us to get a VIP pass (front row seat and a photo op with the Hi Five) we need to present P500 worth of receipt from any Ayala Mall store per kid... I am estimating that our lunch would cost around P1500 and since Masas is in Greenbelt 2, we can get 3 passes. The problem is... the passes are good until supply lasts with the long line for the pass there is no assurance. So!I rushed to the nearest PCX store in Greenbelt 3 to buy my "birthday gifts" to myself! A face powder and a lipstick which gave me two passes:-) So, I only need to worry about two more passes!
At exactly 3:30p.m., we finished our lunch. Jina and Sharon immediately went home to fetch Lili and Max while I get Elle Marie from Noy in Greenbelt 1, exchange our receipt for passes (3 more passes!!!) and reserve seats for our group. While waiting for Lili and Max, I saw Trixie, Lucas' mom!!! It turned out that Lucas and Tyler also adores Hi Five!!! So... there's Elle Marie, Lili, Max and Lucas!!!

Too bad, 4:00p.m. is Elle Marie's nap time that is why she was a little sleepy at first. But, as soon as she heard the very familiar... One, Two, Three, Four... Hi Five!!! She was up and dancing (a bit)! The whole time she was looking at the big screen on the left side of the stage. I think she is trying to discern how come this Hi Five looks different! (turns out we are watching the Hi Five that they use for promotion) She was trying to look for Kathleen, Charlie, Tim, Nathan and Kelly.
After the concert we waited for the photo op. Funny! Elle Marie fell asleep just when it was our turn for the photo op!!! Still, we went with it. I requested Tim to carry her and they all pretended that they are also sleeping!!! (first photo).

Whew!!! what a great way to celebrate my birthday!!! with my daughter... with Hi Five!!! hahaha

No comments: