Monday, May 18, 2009

It's my birthday Part 2: A Filipino lunch date to remember

It's my birthday today and I am having a Filipino lunch date with my friends Jina and Sharon at Masas, Greenbelt 2. My friend Jina is Thai while Sharon is Singaporean. They already introduced me to authentic Thai and Singaporean dishes and it is now my turn to showcase our very own Filipino dishes!!!


I love KFC Zinger but I would not classify myself as a spicy food lover. That is why hanging out with Jina and Sharon was a great challenge in the start. They are used to spicy food back in their home countries. Jina once brought us to Azu Thai restaurant along Pasay Road for an authentic Thai lunch. She even introduced us to the Thai chef which is the best in town. Sharon, on the other hand once cooked Laksa for lunch. It's like Singaporean version of Batchoy but really spicy. We once went to Circle, Shangri la Hotel for their lunch buffet. Both went for their own spicy dishes while I devour the pastries and Filipino dishes!

When Sharon asked me where I want to have an "all-mom" lunch date for my birthday, I said "in Masas". Masas has always been my favorite restaurant in Greenbelt 2. I don't know why but, I kept on bringing my friends there every time I am asked to choose a restaurant. I love their crispy pata, sinigang and pinakbet!!! I love their interior, I love their ambiance, I love their staff...

I ordered grilled pork and squid, pinakbet, sinabawang pla pla. Both Jina and I had jasmine rice while Sharon had garlic rice. I ordered green mango shake, sharon ordered Avocado shake, and Jina ordered mocha shake. At first I was nervous that they might not like what I ordered but after two hours of chikahan! we were all surprised with our clean plates!!! We ate everything!

I was more surprised when both got hold of the receipt and paid for our lunch! I was deeply touched by their gesture I really felt special. At first, I didn't know how to react. I am used to treating my friends out for dinner or lunch on my birthday and they give me gifts or just plain smile or greetings. Jina must have felt my discomfort and cracked a joke "Don't dare ask for a gift Ella! That's already our gift! Hahaha

God is so great! He showered me with soooo many friends. A few forgot to greet me today but it's ok I'm not also good in remembering birthday. What is important is that even if I don't get to see them always, I know I have a friend in them.

I am so grateful to God for giving me Jina and Sharon. Yes, they are my constant buddies lately because of Lili and Max but, they play an important role in my life as a full-time mom. They saved my sanity! Being a full-time mom is not an easy job but with them to share experiences, chikahan to the max while waiting for our kids in Toddlers... life was easier.
I don’t know if I was able to survive the past few months of my life without them.

I love Sharon and Jina!!!

No comments: