Thursday, May 28, 2009

See you soon Ate Pat pat!!!

This Saturday, we will bring Elle Marie's Ate Patpat back home to Laguit, Bugallon, Pangasinan. Pat pat and her older sister, Harlene have been with us since May 12 which is almost two weeks. Since then, our house was never quiet. You would always hear her voice everywhere! She would ask me infinite questions that makes me feel glad Elle is not as talkative (in a good way)as her, or else my BP will shoot up answering her questions. She would smile, smile and smile... (no wonder Elle adores her so much) and make funny, innocent and many comments. On the other hand, Harlene has been good with housekeeping. I am amused by how she makes up our room every morning and how bravely she traveled on bus, with Pat from Pila, Laguna to Makati!

Noy got Patpat and Harlene from Pangasinan after he learned that our last helper left. He got them to stay with us until the school opening (which is next week). Harlene helps me with the household chores while Patpat plays with Elle. Noy wanted Harlene to stay with us permanently and even offered to take care of Patpat's schooling here in Makati. But, Harlene has job waiting in a diaper factory in Bulacan. If only we can get someone from Laguit to work for us, we are still willing to take care of Patpat's schooling here in Makati. We just need someone she knows who will bring and get her from school.

I like Patpat not only because Elle adores her but because she is nice and innocent. She is the 6th in her family of seven kids (soon to be eight). She is seven years old. Her mom works as a house helper in Fairview while her dad is a wood carver. Her mom is a sister of Nong Endring who takes care of the farm in Pangasinan. Nong Endring's family is already Noy's family. I don't know how our house will be like when Patpat is no longer with us. Of course, the new helper from Bacolod is coming next week. I will have somebody to help me with the house chores again. But a playmate for Elle is different. I know, I haven't been as fun as I should be every time I play with Elle. I know I am treating her like a 12 year old or even worse like a colleague at times. What can I do? God knows I am really trying my 100% to be a good mom, great playmate, and excellent teacher to Elle...

I guess, life is really like that... what matters most is that Elle still has us, her parents who loves her soooo much. Of course, she can still see Ate Patpat when we go to Pangasinan... it's just a 3 hour ride from Makati anyways.

No comments: