Thursday, May 7, 2009

Summer Collection 2009

What have I been doing in Iloilo City aside from marathon watching NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Services)?... I was making summer dresses for my dear Elle Marie!!!


Yes! I have always been fascinated with the art of making dresses. It started when I was little, I would watch my Nanay make dresses for us. My Nanay would pour her heart out in every dress that she makes for us and the finish product would always be us in the center of attention because of our lovely dresses. That time, I did not have any concept of fashion. As long as it was made by our Nanay, we would wear them with a smile!I formally learned how to use the sewing machine when I was in high school during our Home Economics classes. I remember making my own pink sleeveless, blouse but that's it. I never got to explore my fascination for making dresses because for one we do not have a sewing machine in Quezon City and I got busy studying Economics instead.During our more than one month stay in Iloilo, I thought of something productive to do since I don't need to worry about taking good care of Elle Marie because Mama was there; no need to think about what food to cook and how to wash our clothes because Mama has helpers to do that; and no need to worry whether Noy will be available to drive us to the mall or anywhere we wish because we have a driver. So, when I saw Nanay's sewing machine in our veranda, I told myself "this is it!" I went to Gaisano and bought clothes and accessories and started making dresses for Elle.It was fun making dresses for Elle Marie. Good thing I made it a habit to collect photos of dresses I wanted Elle Marie to wear so I tried to copy the designs with little innovations to fit Elle Marie's signature look. What made this activity more enjoyable for me is how Elle Marie would shout "Wow!" every time I make her wear my finish products and how she would pose for me to document my accomplishments. It makes me feel like she really appreciates all my efforts. It makes me want to make more... more... more dresses for her!
If only Nanay could see me now... I know she is proud of me with what I am doing for Elle Marie. Sabi nga ni Mama once when Papa said that he didn't know that I can make dresses, "Siya lang ang nakapagmana niyan kay Nanay". Yes, I am happy I got this talent from Nanay.

7 comments:

Elle Marie Oplas' mama said...

From Cres (through email)

Ang sarap naman ng buhay mo! =) Kakainggit!

Elle Marie Oplas' mama said...

From Ninang Telly (through email)

Hello dear Ella ! What a positive and wonderful outlook on life ! You are truly a winner !

Buti ka pa - you have a strong family support system ! That is a big blessing ! Oh well ! Each one of us has a role to play !

Many thanks Ella ! Regards to Nonoy and hugs & kisses to Elle Marie ! and yes, life is beautiful !!!!!!!

Elle Marie Oplas' mama said...

From Tita Nitz (through email)

Hi Ella,

Ikaw mismo ang gumawa ng dress ni Elle? Akala ko pinagawa mo sa
modista. May hidden talent ka pala. Hehehe.

Suwerte ni Elle. :) Hehehe.

Elle Marie Oplas' mama said...

from Tita Cherrie (through email)

woowww... ikaw nanahi nung nasa attachments??? ang ganda!!!

Elle Marie Oplas' mama said...

Ms Chit (through email)

Why don't you do this on a commercial basis? Call your brand "Nanay"? I think you have something you're not aware of. This might be the BIG thing for you. think about it. the dresses are nice, really.

Elle Marie Oplas' mama said...

from Ninang Kat (through email)

you sure kaw gumawa ng mga clothes? heheheheh..ang gaganda kasi, gusto ko ung mga styles nila. cute for elle...

Elle Marie Oplas' mama said...

From Tita Cat (through email)

hahaha! ang galing! wala akong masabi... bow!